OFFICIAL NOTICE OF MEETING
TISC 2018 WINTER GENERAL Meeting (WGM)
Wednesday 31 January 2018. 6:00 pm sharp.
Metro Hall Room 309. 55 John St. M5V 3C6
Documents also forming part: WGM Agenda and WGM Proxy Form
It is important for all members to attend, ask questions and get involved in the future of our club. If you can't attend and are a voting (i.e. Sailing or Honorary) member, please vote by using the Proxy form.
The business to be transacted at this meeting will be:
1. Adoption of the Agenda (Secretary)
2. Approval of Minutes of Fall General Meeting held on September 17, 2017. (Secretary)
3. Consideration and Approval of 2018 Budget
a. Remarks by Commodore
b. Presentation of Budget (Treasurer & other Exec)
4. Report from Commodore
a. Adoption of Code of Conduct including Harassment Policy
b. Amendment of TISC By-law Section 13, Disciplinary Committee
5. Other Business, including Member Motions (see Agenda)
To add an item to the Agenda
To propose an additional meeting item, the deadline is 26 January 2017. To do this: email the Secretary, Patrick Rivers, stating the exact subject matter and what action you desire (such as an update, a discussion, an amendment, or a motion).
Members may also propose motions or initiate discussions at the meeting under ‘Other Business’.
The following documents will be posted in the WGM section of the Members Only website page :
Notice of Meeting for the WGM
Agenda of the Winter General Meeting, to be held Wednesday 31 January 2018
Minutes of the Fall General Meeting held 17 September 2017
Report of the Finance Committee on FY16/17
Proposed 2018 Budget
Voting by Proxy
Voting members (sailing and honorary members), may vote by proxy and for your convenience a form of proxy is included along with this notice. Anyone may hold a proxy, including social members. Non-members are also entitled to hold a proxy vote for a voting member. All proxy forms has been completed accurately and received by the Secretary in advance of the published deadline.
To be valid, the signed proxy must be deposited by one of the following methods:
1. By email: received at email@example.com by 12:00pm on Tuesday 30January 2018
2. In person: received by the club secretary, Patrick Rivers, before 5:45pm on Wednesday 31January 2018
3. By mail: received at the TISC mailbox (P.O, Box 64017, Shoppers Drug Mart, 200 Bay Street, Toronto, ON, M5J 2T6) by 5:00 pm on Friday 26 January 2018
If you have questions about this Notice, please contact Patrick Rivers, Secretary