NOTICE OF TORONTO ISLAND SAILING CLUB
2019 Winter General Meeting (WGM)
Monday January 28, 2019 from 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Metro Hall, 55 John St. Rm 310, Toronto, Ontario
It's important that you attend and participate in our upcoming Winter General Meeting. Ask questions, listen to your peers, and help shape the future of our club! If you are a voting member and cannot attend, please vote by using a signed Proxy Form (written or electronic). The business to be transacted at this meeting will be as follows:
- Welcoming and Call to Order
- Adoption of the 2019 WGM Agenda;
- Approval of the 2018 Fall General Meeting (FGM) Minutes;
- Update on 2018 Financial Statements
- Election of the 2019 Financial Committee
- Approval of the proposed 2019 Budget; including
approval of 2019 membership fees and Albacore reserve contribution
- Additional Motions from the Executive; and
- Other business.
Supporting documents can be found in the General Meetings' Support Documents section found in the Members Only section of the TISC website:
- 2018 FGM Meeting Minutes;
- 2019 Proposed Budget; and,
- 2019 WGM Proxy Form.
Voting members may vote by proxy. Voting by proxy is now open. Anyone may hold a proxy, including social members. Non-voting members are entitled to hold a proxy vote for a voting member. All proxy forms are to be completed accurately and received by the Secretary in advance of the published deadline. To be valid, the signed proxy must be deposited by one of the following methods:
1. Can't make the WGM? Complete a proxy quickly online.
2. By email: received at email@example.com by 12:00 pm on Sunday, January 27th, 2019.
3. In person: received by the club secretary, Patrick Rivers, by 6:15 pm on Monday, January 28th, 2019.
4. By mail: received at the TISC mailbox (P.O, Box 64017, Shoppers Drug Mart, 200 Bay Street, Toronto, ON, M5J 2T6) on Friday, January 25th, 2019.
To add an item/ motion to the Agenda:
To propose an agenda item or motion, you can make a motion to amend the agenda with the new item at the onset of the WGM.