NOTICE OF TORONTO ISLAND SAILING CLUB
2019 Summer General Meeting (SGM)
Sunday, August 18, 2019 from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Toronto Island Sailing Club
Hello members! Please join us for the 2019 Summer General Meeting. It's important to the future of the club that you attend and participate in this year's SGM. Ask questions, listen to your peers, and help shape the direction of the club! If you are a voting member and cannot attend, please vote by using a signed Proxy Form (written or electronic).
The business to be discussed at this meeting will be as follows:
- Adoption of the 2019 SGM Agenda;
- Approval of the 2019 Winter General Meeting (WGM) Minutes;
- An update on TISC’s 2019 Budget;
- Motions from the Executive;
- Motions from the Membership; and,
- Other business.
Supporting documents can be found in the General Meetings' Support Documents section located in the Members Only section of the TISC website.
- 2019 WGM Meeting Minutes;
- 2019 SGM Agenda;
- 2019 Proposed Budget vs. Actual;
- Update on 2019 financials;
- 2019 SGM Proxy Form (hard copy for download); and,
- 2019 SGM E-Proxy.
Voting members may vote by proxy. Voting by proxy is now open. Anyone may hold a proxy, including social members. Non-voting members are entitled to hold a proxy vote for a voting member. All proxy forms are to be completed accurately and received by the Secretary in advance of the published deadline. To be valid, the signed proxy must be deposited by one of the following methods:
1. Can't make the SGM? Complete a proxy quickly online.
2. By email: send a filled out proxy form to email@example.com by 12:00 pm on Saturday, August 17th, 2019.
3. In person: must be received by the club secretary, Patrick Rivers, by 5:15 pm on Sunday, August 18th, 2019.
4. By mail: must be received at the TISC mailbox (P.O, Box 64017, Shoppers Drug Mart, 200 Bay Street, Toronto, ON, M5J 2T6) on Friday, August 16th, 2019.
To add an item/motion to the Agenda:
To propose an agenda item or motion, you can make a motion to amend the agenda with the new item at the onset of the SGM.