In place of the usual work huge party, the setup will be carried out over 4 sessions - morning and afternoon on Saturday (May 29) and again on Sunday (May 30). For those who have been work party regulars, please don't feel obliged to volunteer for this particular event as the number of tasks is far exceeded by the interest. There will be many other volunteer opportunities coming up once regular access to the club has been established.
Please Sign up for only one session. You can be on the wait list for multiple sessions.
Important Info to consider before you sign up:
1) No tender access - take 10:00 AM or 1:00 PM Centre Island ferry or water taxi. Masks are required.
2) No clubhouse access, no food provided.
3) Due to the limited number of available spots, only sign up if you are certain you can attend.
4) You must have signed The TISC COVID code of conduct, which you will be receiving shortly.
5) Please check the following list of tasks for each session. Only sign up for a session if you are comfortable contributing to each of the tasks.
6) Once the session concludes, all participants must take transportation back to the city. Suggest taking the free Centre Island ferry.
Session 1 (10:00am - 1:00pm Saturday)
- Setup hand wash station, Stack tables, Canopy installation, Distribute chairs, Distribute tables, Wood dock assembly, Uncover both power boats, Take photos, Group picture
Session 2 (1:00pm - 5:00PM Saturday)- Hang hammocks, Inflate dolly and trailer tires, Connect hot water tank, Tidy tool shed, Cut grass, Collect brush, Tidy sail shed, Tidy boathouse, Take pictures, Group picture.
Session 3 (10:00am - 1:00pm Sunday)- Hang lights, More Leaf and brush raking, Eavestrough cleaning, Count paddles, Take pictures, Group picture
Session 4 (1:00pm - 5:00PM Sunday) (This session)
- All unfinished tasks, Take pictures, Group picture
Ferry schedule: https://www.toronto.ca/explore-enjoy/parks-gardens-beaches/toronto-island-park/all-ferry-schedules/
If you have any additional questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.